My cranberry craze continues! Only this time, I’ve added some hooch. Refrigerate overnight or let it sit for a few weeks to mellow. Either way, it produces quite a kick! Please enjoy responsibly – too much moonshine can make the toughest of men lose what sense God gave them. Just like the time I found the old timer up the road, sitting in his garden without his pants. But that’s a story for another day.
- 750 ml Jr. Johnson’s Midnight Moon moonshine
- 64 oz cranberry juice
- 32 oz apple juice
- 2 (12 oz) bags fresh cranberries
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- In a large stock pot, add 1-1/2 bags of fresh cranberries and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT MOONSHINE. Simmer until cranberries pop, about 10-15 minutes.
- Strain liquid and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add moonshine; still well.
- Refrigerate for immediate use or let sit for a few weeks for a mellower taste.
- Shake well before serving.