Cranberries and Christmas. ‘Tis the season. This is one of my favorite recipes to serve at holiday dinners. You’ll never serve that store bought, can-shaped, jiggly cranberry stuff again!
Cranberry Apple Conserve
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1-3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Granny Smith apple (or any tart, firm apple), chopped
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Wash cranberries and discard bad ones.
- Cook cranberries, sugar and 1 cup water over low heat for 5 minutes or until cranberry skins pop open.
- Add apple, zests and juices and cook for 15 minutes on medium low heat, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Transfer to heatproof bowl and let cool; refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- For long term storage, pour into sterile canning jars, leaving 1/2″ headspace. Process in a water bath canner (click here for canning instructions) for 10 minutes for both 1/2 pint and pint jars.