Take the wonderful deliciousness of baked beans and the spicy heartiness of chili, simmer them together and the result is Baked Bean Chili. Enjoy!
Baked Bean Chili
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 – 15 oz cans pork and beans (do not drain)
- 1 – 15 oz can corn (drained)
- 1 bottle honey Dijon BBQ sauce (OR 1 bottle honey BBQ sauce and 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard)
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (*DRAIN and RINSE*)
- 2 – 15 oz cans cut green beans
- 1 – 15 oz can red kidney beans
- 1 – 15 oz can great northern beans
- 1 – 15 oz can black beans
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook until browned; drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and saute onions and ground beef until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Add pork and beans, corn, rinsed beans, BBQ sauce and bacon; mix well.
- Simmer on medium-low heat 30-40 minutes; stir often.