There’s not much to say about this recipe, except that it’s delicious.
It’s one of those desserts that makes you sneak away with the last piece and hide in the closet so you don’t have to share (yes, I’ve done that – I’m not ashamed. I refer you to the Tastykake Chocolate Junior incident of 2014).
Enjoy! (in the closet if you have to, or the attic, car, laundry room…)
Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
- 1/2 lb butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
TOPPING AND CENTER INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together topping and center ingredients being sure to coat chocolate chips well; set aside.
- Generously butter and flour bundt pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla to mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in 3 additions and mix until well incorporated.
- Spoon half the batter into bundt pan.
- Sprinkle half the chocolate chip mixture over batter and gently swirl with tip of sharp knife.
- Top with remaining batter and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chip mixture over batter and gently swirl with tip of sharp knife.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool approximately 15 minutes and invert onto plate; when cake is completely cooled, invert again onto another plate.