I love Stove Top Stuffing. If I had my choice, it would be considered a main dish. Alas, my family does not agree with me. So, the next best thing is to stuff something with Stove Top. I’ve had this recipe for sausage stuffed peppers since I was married almost 23 years ago and it’s one of my favorites and oh so simple to make. Enjoy!
Sausage Stuffed Peppers
- 2 bell peppers
- 3 cups Stove Top stuffing
- 12 oz beef gravy; reserve 4 oz
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage (sweet or hot)
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove seeds and stems.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients and 1 cup gravy; stuff pepper halves.
- Place peppers in oven-proof baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 400 degrees for 50 minutes, then remove foil and bake another 20 minutes.
- Warm remaining gravy and spoon over peppers.