Another winter snowstorm is upon us. Most of us have gone from BRING IT ON to Dear Mother Nature, if I have to be stuck in this house one more day with these kids, I may seriously lose the little bit of sanity that I have left. So, in a salute to warm days of summers past, I give you an extremely easy recipe for Strawberry Sorbet.
Strawberry Sorbet Recipe
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, de-stemmed (frozen strawberries work just fine)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (the bottled stuff works great in a pinch)
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved; boil 5 minutes.
- Puree strawberries in a food processor (or blender) until smooth; if using frozen strawberries, microwave a minute or two until soft before adding to food processor.
- Add strawberry puree and lemon juice to sugar and water mixture; stir to blend.
- Using a spatula, strain mixture through a fine sieve into a large bowl until all the seeds are removed.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Process mixture in an ice cream machine or pour mixture in a shallow backing dish and place in freezer, stirring every hour until mixture is set.
- Store in freezer in airtight container.