It’s apple season and there’s nothing better than warm apple cobbler on a crisp autumn evening. You can use any apple that is good for baking like Granny Smith or Cortland, but my favorite apple to use in cobblers and pies is Honey Crisp.
Old Fashioned Apple Cobbler
- 10 medium baking apples
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter, room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 1-1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, white sugar and baking powder.
- Using a fork or your fingertips, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add eggs and mix until crumbly.
- Slice apples in a 9 x 12 baking dish and toss with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Drop topping onto top of apples.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown.